What is school-based telehealth?
School-based telehealth provides access to high-quality healthcare in the school setting. A nurse practitioner or a physician examines the student with the assistance of the school nurse. They are providing at-home virtual MD visits. This program is free for Medicaid eligible students and is available to many insurances including State.
How does the program work?
- Parents may request an appointment for a Telehealth visit at the school or an at-home virtual phone visit. Contact the school nurse.
- The school nurse will call the parent/guardian before requesting a telemedicine visit
- The student will be seen by a nurse practitioner or physician using the telemedicine equipment
- If a prescription medication is needed, it will be sent to a local pharmacy
- A note will be sent to the student’s primary care provider
Option 1: Links below
Parents can access consent on their student’s county/school district page at the following link: https://sctelehealth.