The School Mall Postcard campaign will begin this Friday October 4th! For a COMPLETED 11 postcard booklet the students names will be entered into a drawing to win a big blow up chair! The teachers can […]READ MORE
Welcome to Shaw Heights Elementary
Shaw Heights is an exemplary school!
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to Shaw Heights Elementary School, “Home of the Flying ACES!” We have planned an exciting year of learning for you, and we are so glad you are here! Throughout the school year, students are going to be introduced to the 7 Habits of Happy Kids. The habits will help students become independent, strong leaders both in school and at home. Students will be involved in the Leader in Me throughout their whole experience as a student at Shaw Heights Elementary. The hope is the 7 habits become a way of living for our students, leading to successful and personable community members.
The 7 Habits are:
- Be Proactive — You are in charge
- Begin with the End in Mind — Have a plan and set goals
- Put First Things First — Work first, then play
- Think Win-Win — Everyone can win
- Seek First to Understand Then be Understood — Listen before you talk
- Synergize — Together is better
- Sharpen the Saw — Balance feels the best
As a student, you have a very important role this year in maintaining the ideals for which your school stands. I encourage you to take pride in your school and to work hard to learn as much as you can every day.
Great Habits Make Great Leaders!